Version 2017.1 was released on May 15, 2017.
This release features many new enhancements to ExpressView, including the ability to make ExpressView Visualizations and Themes. Other additions include a new metadata monitoring service that can be used to report off application usage data, as well as report execution caching for enhanced performance in running canned reports.
The full list of new features is as follows:
- Extensive updates to ExpressView including drag-and-drop visualizations, cell styling, data formatting, themes, the consolidation of multiple popup menus into a right pane interface
- User interface updates, including left pane redesign and sleeker export controls
- New application monitoring service to allow reporting off of machine resources, report executions, and user interface interaction
- Ability to cache report executions on a per-report basis to minimize database calls and provide more responsive execution of canned reports
- Conditional chart coloring based on a formula
- More page size options for exports
- New server events: OnScheduledReportComplete, OnReportFailValidation
- Ability to specify a new report's data model using a SQL statement (through the API)
- Ability to synchronously execute reports to binary formats and JSON using REST
Clients and evaluation users can download version 2017.1 here.