Web pages can be added to the Dashboard and interacted with in a URL tile.
Some web site authors may choose to block their sites from being embedded into a URL tile. Therefore, not all web pages can be displayed on the canvas.
To add a URL tile to a Dashboard, review the Dashboard Designer article. Tiles can be added from the New Tile menu.
Controls for building and interacting with the URL tile are contained in the Tile Properties Pane on the right side of the screen. Click on the URL tile to select it and the Tile Properties Pane will fill with the properties for the selected tile.
Parameters in URLs
Parameters may be utilized anywhere within the URL string. Parameters must have their Hidden property set to False by the system administrator in order to be usable. Date type parameters cannot be used in URL tiles. If the Prompt Text property is set on the parameter, users will be prompted to set its value when they run the dashboard.
Prompting URL parameters are not accessible in the Parameters Pane of the Dashboard Viewer.
It is recommended that spaces and other special characters are URL-encoded where appropriate. For example, to pass "Hello World" as part of a URL query string, encode the space between the two words as "%20%".
When a Dashboard is exported as a PDF Snapshot (v2021.2+), URL tiles are included in the output.
Tile Properties Pane
The Content tab for URL tiles allows the URL in the tile to be changed. Enter the fully qualified web address (e.g. "http://www.mycompany.com") and then click Apply to update the tile.
Parameters can be used in the web address for a URL tile.
The Style tab for URL tiles contains the Tile section. The Background and Border section is where tile appearance can be changed. The settings here override the Canvas Format defaults.
- Check Background to set a background color for the tile. Click Color to open the color selector and choose a background color. Unchecking the Background checkbox makes the tile transparent.
- Check Tile Header to set a background color for the tile's header. Click Color to open the color selector and choose a background color. Unchecking the Tile Header checkbox makes the header background transparent.
The Tile Header options are only shown if the Tile Header is visible on the canvas.
- Check Shadow to show a slight shadow effect around the tile.
- Check Border to apply a border to the tile.
- Check Customize Border to set the properties of each of the four tile borders individually. Leave unchecked to have the border properties applied equally to the four sides.
- Click Color to open the color selector and choose a border color.
- Width sets the border width in pixels.
- Round sets the roundness of the corners.
The Advanced Tab is not available for URL tiles.