The Google Maps wizard allows you to insert interactive maps with highlighted data into your reports. To add a map, select a cell and press the (Google Maps Wizard) button. Geographical areas can be pinpointed or highlighted dynamically depending on your report data.
NOTE. If you don't see this option, you may not have access. Please contact your administrator. Google Maps require an Internet connection.
In the Locations tab, select one or more types of locations to highlight on the map. Drag-and-drop a location type to the selection pane, or double-click it, or select it and press .
Certain location types may require other types to be added, or may prevent other types from being added. Press to remove a Location Type. For each Location Type, use the dropdown menu to select the report cell that contains the data for that type.
NOTE. County and zip code are only available in the United States.
In the Data tab, determine what metrics to see when hovering over a highlighted region. The Primary Metric amount is used to shade each region. Press Add Metric to add additional metrics. Press to remove a metric.
For each Metric:
- Use the Metric dropdown menu to select the report cell that contains the data for that metric.
- Select how to aggregate the data using the Agg. Type dropdown:
- Sum: Totals the all of the data in the Data Field.
- Count: Returns the number of rows in the Data Field.
- Distinct Count: Returns the number of unique rows.
- Average: Takes the mean of the data in the Data Field.
- Minimum: Displays the lowest value in the Data Field.
- Maximum: Displays the highest value in the Data Field.
- Enter a label in the Labels field.
- Select whether it is the Primary Metric.
- Format the data type using the Number Format dialog.
In the Appearance tab, determine the appearance of the metrics on the map.
Primary Metric Colors: Set the color range for region shading by either selecting a Theme, or by setting a Linear Range of colors.
Metric Levels: Select which levels to calculate metrics. Select whether to display drop pins which will appear on city, street address, or latitude/longitude locations.
Size and Preview
In the Size and Preview tab, determine the size, initial view, and type of map to display.
NOTE. The preview uses placeholder data values. It does not reflect the actual region shading.
Set the initial view of the map by panning and zooming to a location. Drag-and-drop on the map to pan. Press the zoom buttons ( ) to zoom in or out.
To set the size, either drag-and-drop on the lower-right handle () of the map view, or check Set specific size and enter Height and Width values. To automatically fit the map to the report cell, check Fit map to cell.
Choose the type of map by selecting the desired type from the Base Map dropdown menu.
Press Finish to see the completed map on the report design grid.