Several features require additional configuration before they can be used.
Legacy Maps (GeoCharts)
The GeoCharts feature present since v2013.2 has an additional requirement for use if you are enabling it for the first time, or if you are implementing your application under a new domain name.
Our mapping features use the Google Maps API. Historically, this was a free solution. However, in June 2016, Google began to require paid licenses for commercial usage.
If you had GeoCharts enabled prior to June 2016, and you have not since changed the domain name of your application, this section does not affect you because you have been grandfathered in.
Note: For help with API keys, see Google's API Console Help.
To install a legacy GeoCharts license file, place the license key in the General > Feature/UI Settings > Advanced Report Designer Settings > GeoChart Map Key (optional) setting of the Admin Console.
There are additional steps needed in order to enable the new Google Maps wizard introduced in v2016.3.
- Download and install the Google Maps Polygon Database for free from our support site. Create a new directory inside Exago's installation path named MapCache and uncompress the polygon database into it.
- If using Windows, give the IIS instance user full control permissions for this folder.
- Right click on the folder and click Properties.
- In the security tab click Edit then Add.
- Enter iis_iusrs then click OK.
- In the Permissions for Config window, select the IIS_IUSRS that was just created and check Allow Full Control. Click OK.
- If using Linux, give the Apache instance user read and write permissions for this folder.
chown $apacheUserID MapCache chmod -R u+wr MapCache
Note: Licensing fees are subject to change by Google.
Note: For help with API keys, see Google API Console Help.
To install the license file:
- Toggle General > Feature/UI Settings > Advanced Report Designer Settings > Show Google Maps Wizard in the Admin Console to True.
Application themes change the look of the Exago user interface and are applied for all users of the application. These are not included in the installer and must be downloaded from our support site. All themes can be fully customized using CSS and image editing.
Application themes are provided as compressed folders.
To add a theme to Exago:
- Uncompress the folder into the ApplicationThemes folder under Exago's installation path.
Note: There should be separate folders for each app theme (the default is Basic).
- Use the General > Feature/UI Settings > Common Settings > Application Theme Selection dropdown in the Admin Console to select the theme.