The version and build number of the Scheduler Service must match that of the Web Application. Due to this requirements, Scheduler Service's must run on the same operating system as their corresponding Web Application servers.
You may have different installations of Exago with different versions/builds on separate servers. The Scheduler Service installation wizard allows you to install multiple Schedulers to maintain corresponding version/builds with the Web Application.
Use the following steps to install the Scheduler Service:
- Download the latest Windows or Linux installers.
- Make sure your antivirus is software disabled and run the installation wizard as an Administrator.
- Click the Scheduler button.
- Click Next to bring up the ‘Select Installation Location’ menu.
- Specify if you want to create a new service or if you want to update an existing one.
- To create a new service set a name and location.
- Select to who the Exago Scheduler Windows Service will be installed. By default, “Everyone” is selected. Click Next.
- Confirm your location selections by clicking Next
- Monitor the installation and click Finish when it is complete.
As of v2016.2.12, schedulers take system resources into account when assigning remote execution jobs. This requires that the services have read access to the system registry. This can be done by adding the services to the Performance Monitor Users group. See How to Read Performance Counters Without Administrator Privileges (MSDN) for details.
If you elect to install the Scheduler Service, the installer will create the sub directory "Scheduler" in your previously specified install path.