Configuring the database metadata can be done within the Exago Administration Console. These bullets detail the terms used in Exago that are consistently referred to in both the guides and the application.
- Data Source refers to a database or similar programmable file which provides data to the application.
- Tables, views, functions, and procedures are stored as Data Objects (also called Entities and sometimes Categories) within Exago which can then be connected using Joins.
- Exago can automatically discover metadata from most traditional data sources
Add a data source by entering the Admin Console
See the Data Sources article for instructions on how to add a data source to your installation.
Multiple Data Objects and joins can be created at once via Exago’s Automatic Database Discovery tool.
Verifying the Report Path
- In the Main Menu open the General drop-down and double click Main Settings. The first parameter in Main Settings is the Report Path.
- Make sure that the Report Path is pointing to the folder where read/write permissions were set earlier.
- Check this connection by clicking the Test Connection icon.