A Gauge can be displayed in a report to give a visual representation of the scale of a value.
To insert a gauge:
- Select the desired cell in the design grid.
- Click the Gauge Wizard icon in the toolbar.
Gauges can be placed in any section of the report.
In the Appearance Tab, select the Type and Dimension of the Gauge.
Type – Select the icon representing the type of gauge. Available types include: Angular, Linear, Bulb, and Thermometer.
There are three ways to set the size of the Gauge.
- Enter the height and width in the dimension boxes.
- Resize the gauge by dragging the lower right corner in the preview.
- Check the box ‘Fit to Cell’.
Note: Angular gauges have a minimum width of 120px.
In the Data Tab, select the Data Values and Color Ranges for the Gauge.
- Use the Data Values dropdown to select the cell that contains the numeric value for the Gauge.
- Use the ‘Provide range as’ buttons to specify if the Min and Max values for the Gauge should be static numbers or come from cells on the report.
- In Color Ranges, use the ‘Color By’ buttons to specify if color ranges should be percentages of the Max value, static numbers, or come from cells on the report.
NOTE. Percent Color Ranges must be in ascending numeric order.
- Use the Add () and Remove () buttons to create additional colors.
NOTE. Thermometer Gauges can only have one color.
To change a color either use the drop-down () or enter a Hex value.