If the Admin Console > General > Other Settings > Debug Password is set, a client will have the ability to submit Debug Packages automatically to Exago, Inc. via the internet.
A copy of the report definition, the Exago configuration file, and the dataset used to generate the report will be transmitted to Exago's Support Team.
Automatically Creating a Debug Package
To send a Debug Package to Exago Support automatically through the Web Application user interface:
The automatic debug packager only works with single Advanced Reports, CrossTab Reports, Express Reports and ExpressViews. Contact Exago's Support Team directly when troubleshooting Advanced Reports with linked reports (a.k.a. drilldowns), Chained Reports and Dashboards.
- From the Report Tree, select the report under test.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + X.
- In the Debug Package dialog:
- Enter the Debug Password (set in the Admin Console > General > Other Settings).
- Enter either the ticket ID number or the entire URL to the ticket in the Exago Support Ticket URL or Ticket ID field.
- Enter a Contact Email Address.
- Click Okay to begin the report execution process. If the report has any prompting filters or parameters, enter values for them when prompted.
A success/failure message will display when the process finishes. Click Dismiss. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail in the Contact Email Address field.
Manually Creating a Debug Package
If submitting a debug package fails when Automatically Creating a Debug Package, a package can be created manually instead. These files can be zipped and directly attached to a ticket request.
Before manually creating a debug Package verify that Admin Console > General > Scheduler Settings > Enable Remote Report Execution is set to False
To manually create a Debug Package:
- Set Admin Console > General > Other Settings > Enable Debugging to True.
- Create the
<WebApp>/Debugfolder if it doesn't already exist in the file system.
<WebApp>/is a placeholder for the Web Application's install location. The default install locations are
/opt/Exago/on Linux and
C:\Program Files\Exagoon Windows however, these directories may be changed during installation.
- Make sure
<WebApp>/Debughas the same read/write permissions as the Report and Temp Folders.
- Execute the report under test.
- Zip the contents of the
<WebApp>/Debugtogether and attach them to your next response to your request.
Each time a report is executed, the
\Debugdirectory will be cleared. Be sure to save any needed files before creating a new package.