Exago keeps a text log of when certain tasks are performed. For example each time a page or report is loaded, each time an error occurs or when various phases of execution happen.
To access the Log file:
- Ensure that "Write Log File" is set to Debug in Other Settings of the Administration Console.
- Recreate the error you are investigating.
- Navigate to the folder specified in the Temp Path of Main Settings. If this is blank go to <webapp_dir>/Temp.
- Open the file txt. Scroll to the bottom of the log for the most recent activity.
NOTE. Occasionally IIS may lock this file and prevent the log from being written. To correct this reset, see Application Logging.
NOTE. If 'Enable Remote Report Execution' is set to True in the Scheduler Settings the report execution will be recorded in the Scheduler Log.
Similar to the main application the Exago Scheduler Service maintains a log file. Considering the Scheduler can reside on a different machine than the main application the log file is written where the Scheduler is installed.
To access the Scheduler Log file:
- Set <logging> to True in the file <scheduler_dir>\eWebReportsScheduler.xml
- Rerun the scheduled report you are investigating.
- Open the file <scheduler_dir>\ExagoScheduler.log. Scroll to the bottom of the log for the most recent activity.
Web Service Log
Similar to the main application Exago Web Service maintains a log file. Considering the Web Service can reside on a different machine than the main application the log file is written where the Web Service is installed.
To access the Api Log file:
- Set <writelog> to True in the file <websvc_dir>\Config\WebReportsApi.xml
- Rerun the project that makes the Api calls you are investigating.
- Open the file <websvc_dir>\Config\WebReportsApiLog.txt. Scroll to the bottom of the log for the most recent activity.
.NET API Log
Some implementations of the .NET API may write to a log file as well. For versions prior to v2018.1, the API logs to the same file as the main application.
Beginning with v2018.1, the log file for the build-in logging methods defaults to: