When an error occurs in Exago, a generic error message is displayed.
This generic message is meant to prevent end users from seeing the full stack trace of the error.
There are two ways to see detailed error messages.
- If you are accessing Exago directly in a browser:
- Append ‘?showerrordetail=true’ to the url. …/Exagohome.aspx?showerrordetail=true
- Refresh the page and recreate the error.
- If you are accessing Exago through the Api:
- Using the .Net Api call the method GetUrlParamString and set showErrorDetail to True.
Using the Web Service Api call the method GetUrlParamString2 and set showErrorDetail to True.
- Enter Exago through the Api and recreate the error.
NOTE. The status code on the generic error message corresponds to standard html error codes. For example if the status code is 408 it means there was a request timeout. For status code 200 the html completed successfully and the error lies elsewhere.
If you would like more details after seeing the full error message please see the section Read the Log File.