The Programmable Object Settings enable you to specify names for parameters that will be passed from Exago to stored procedures, web services, or .NET Assemblies. Using these parameters will allow filtering to be done before the data is sent to Exago. This can increase performance and reduce server resources when using Programmable Objects. For more information on these types of Data Objects see Web Services & .NET Assemblies.
Note. If performance is a concern, especially for large data sets, database-joinable objects, such as tables, views, and table-valued functions, are preferable to programmable objects.
Names for the following Parameters can be set:
Call Type Parameter Name
Integer that specifies what Exago needs at time of the call. There are three possible values.
- 0 : Schema - return a DataSet with no rows.
- 1 : Data - return a full DataSet.
- 2 : Filter Dropdown Values – returns data for the filter dropdown list. The Data Field requested is passed in the Column Parameter and the filter value is passed in the Filter Parameter (see below).
Column Parameter Name
Name of the column being requested by the user. Only this column needs to be returned to Exago.
Filter Parameter Name
- CallType = 1: The filter string specific to the Data Object being called passed as standard SQL.
- CallType = 2: The current value of the filter whose dropdown is being requested.
Full Filter Parameter Name
- CallType = 1: The filter string for the entire report passed as standard SQL.
- CallType = 2: The Tenant and Row Level filters passed as standard SQL.
Sort Parameter Name
The sort string for the report. This is for informational purposes only as Exago sorts data upon return from stored procedures and Web Services.
Data Category Parameter Name
The Data Object’s Category. Can be used in conjunction with the Data Object ID Parameter.
Data Object ID Parameter Name
Id of Data Object being called. For more information see Calling a Single Web Service/.Net Assembly/Stored Procedure.