Web Services API
Use the following steps to install the Web Service API on Windows:
- Download the latest Windows or Linux installers here.
- Make sure your antivirus software is disabled and run the installation wizard as an Administrator.
- Click the Web Service button.
- Click Next to bring up the ‘Select Installation Location’ menu.
- In this menu specify the web site, virtual directory and physical directory where you want Exago installed. Click Next.
Note: The Web Service API must be installed on the same server and web site as the Exago Application.
- Confirm your location selections by clicking Next.
- Monitor the installation and click Finish when it is complete.
- Run " installExago.sh " as root.
- Enter 2 for the Web Services API
Note: If you elect to install the Web Service API the installer will create the sub directory "WebServiceApi" in your previously specified install path.
- Follow the prompts
Configuring Web Services API
To configure the Web Service API edit the file ‘WebReportsApi.xml’ which is located in the Config sub-folder where the Web Service API is installed. The location of the Config sub-folder is determined when the Web Service API is installed. Set the following items:
- apppath – Add the file path to the Exago web application (e.g., "C:\Exago"):
- throwexceptiononerror – Set to true if you want to catch exceptions in your application thrown by Exago:
- writelog – To turn on logging for the web service, set this to true. Then configure log4net by adding a
log4net.configfile to the \Config folder, as described in this article. Set web service logging to the INFO level unless directed otherwise.
- webreportsbaseurl – Add the <webreportsbaseurl> tags, if they do not already exist, and set its property to the virtual directory where Exago BI is installed ("http://server/Exago/"):
Note: Grant write permissions to the ASP.NET app pool user for the log file directory.