Use the following steps to install the Web Service API:
- Download the latest Windows or Linux installers here.
- Make sure your antivirus software is disabled and run the installation wizard as an Administrator.
- Click the Web Service button.
- Click Next to bring up the ‘Select Installation Location’ menu.
- In this menu specify the web site, virtual directory and physical directory where you want Exago installed. Click Next.
The Web Service API must be installed on the same server and web site as the Exago Web Application.
- Confirm your location selections by clicking Next.
- Monitor the installation and click Finish when it is complete.
- Run ./installExago.sh as root.
- Enter "2" to select the Web Service API for installation.
The installer will create the sub directory WebServiceApi in your previously specified install path.
- Follow the prompts
Configuring Web Service API
To configure the Web Service API, edit the file WebReportsApi.xml which is located in the Config subdirectory where the Web Service API is installed. The location of the Config sub-folder is determined when the Web Service API is installed. By default this is
C:\Program Files\Exago\ExagoWebAPI on Windows or
/opt/Exago/WebServiceApi on Linux.
Set the following items:
- apppath – Add the file path to the Exago Web Application installation (e.g., "C:\Exago" or "/opt/Exago"):
- throwexceptiononerror – Set to true if you want to catch exceptions in your application thrown by Exago:
- writelog – To turn on logging for the web service, set this to true. Then configure log4net by adding a
log4net.configfile to the \Config folder, as described in this article. Set web service logging to the INFO level unless directed otherwise.
- webreportsbaseurl – Add the <webreportsbaseurl> tags, if they do not already exist, and set its property to the virtual directory where Exago BI is installed ("http://server/Exago/"):
Grant write permissions to the ASP.NET app pool user for the log file directory.