The Exago Administration Console serves as a user interface to set up and save administrative preferences. Use the Administration Console to create and modify:
- Data: Establish how to connect to data sources and determine what data should be exposed to users. Configure system-wide variables called Parameters.
- General: Modify global settings of Exago to enable/disable features.
- Roles: Create and modify security Roles for individuals or groups of users.
- Functions: Create and modify custom functions to make calculations on reports.
- Aggregate Functions: Create and modify custom aggregate functions.
- Filter Functions: Create and modify custom filter functions
- Server Events: Create and modify custom code that is run when reports execute.
- Action Events: Create and modify custom code that activates when a certain condition in the application is met.
- Custom Options: Create and modify custom options that can be set on reports.
The Administration Console creates two configuration files: an XML file called
WebReports.xml and an encrypted XML file called
WebReports.xml.enc. These files are created and saved in the
Config sub-directory of Exago's installation location. The encrypted file cannot be edited with the Admin Console. It is recommended to use this as the live version of the config in a production environment. Copy
WebReports.xml to a secure backup, and then delete
WebReports.xml from the
Important: A backup copy
WebReports.xml.backupis no longer created.
Accessing the Administration Console
Once Exago is installed, navigate with a web browser to http://‘Your Server’/Exago/Admin.aspx.
It is recommended to protect access to the Admin Console by setting values for the General > Other Settings > User ID, Password and Confirm Password parameters.
The Administration Console consists of two sections. On the left is the Main Menu and on the right are Tabs that can contain menus to create and modify Data Sources, Data Objects, Parameters, Roles, and other settings.
Through the main menu you can:
- Create Data Sources, Data Objects, Joins, Parameters, Roles, and Custom Functions.
- Edit settings for: Data, Roles, Functions, and General features.
- Delete Data Sources, Data Objects, Joins, Parameters, Roles, and Functions.
- Automatically discover data source objects and metadata.
Click the Collapse icon to hide (or restore) the main menu.
The right section of the Admin Console is made up of tabs containing menus to create and modify administrative settings.
To save the changes made in a tab click Apply or Okay.
Tabs can be closed with or without saving by clicking the Close icon to the right of the tab name.
Tabs may be arranged by clicking and dragging them as desired.
Creating Additional Configuration Files
As part of the integration of Exago you may want to create alternative configuration files in addition to WebReports.xml. Additional configuration files can be utilized in two ways:
- If entering Exago directly, the configuration file to be used is specified in the Custom Styling.
- When entering through the API the configuration file to be used is specified in the API Constructor Methods.
To create additional configuration files:
- Navigate to the Administration Console in a web browser.
- Append "?configFn=NewConfigFile.xml" to the URL replacing
NewConfigFilewith the desired configuration file name.
- Click in the URL bar and press enter.
About This Section
This section of the documentation describes in detail each of the Admin Console settings and their effect on the application.. The system configuration can also be changed by editing the configuration XML files directly, or through one of the APIs.
The settings work the same way regardless of modification method. Use this section of the documentation as a reference when locating a particular function or setting in the application, then refer back to the appropriate articles for the method you are using.