The Exago Administration Console serves as a user interface to set up and save administrative preferences. Using the Administration Console you can create and modify:
- Data: Establish how to connect to databases and determine what data should be exposed to users.
- General: Modify global settings of Exago to enable/disable features.
- Roles: Create and modify security Roles for individuals or groups of users.
- Custom Functions: Create and modify custom functions to make calculations on reports.
- Server Events: Create and modify custom code that is run when reports execute.
- Custom Options: Create and modify custom options that can be set on reports.
The Administration Console creates two configuration files: an XML file called
WebReports.xml and an encrypted XML file called
WebReports.xml.enc. These files are created and saved in the
Config folder where Exago was installed.
Notice. A backup copy
WebReports.xml.backup is no longer created.
Important Security Notes:
- Each time you save the Administration Console settings an encrypted copy of
WebReports.xml.enc, is created. This copy cannot be edited with the Admin Console. It is recommended to use this as the live version of the config in a production environment. Copy
WebReports.xmlto a secure backup, and then delete
WebReports.xmlfrom the Config directory.
- Before deploying Exago into a production environment be sure to set a value for the 'Temp Path' in Main Settings to a location that resides outside of your server’s firewall/security system.
Creating Additional Configuration Files
As part of the integration of Exago you may want to create alternative configuration files in addition to WebReports.xml. Additional configuration files can be utilized in two ways:
- If entering Exago directly, the configuration file to be used is specified in the Custom Styling.
- When entering through the Api the configuration file to be used is specified in the Api Constructor Methods.
To create additional configuration files:
- Navigate to the Administration Console in a browser.
- Append ‘?configFn=NewConfigFile.xml’ to the URL replacing 'NewConfigFile' with the name you want to give the configuration file.
- Click in the URL bar and press enter.
Accessing the Administration Console
Once Exago is installed, navigate the browser to http://‘Your Server’/Exago/Admin.aspx.
IMPORTANT. In the Other Settings menu under the 'General Section' you can set a login and password to restrict future access to the Admin Console.
The Administration Console consists of two sections. On the left is the Main Menu and on the right are tabs that can contain menus to create and modify Data Sources, Data Objects, Parameters, Roles, and other settings.
Through the main menu you can:
- Create Data Sources, Data Objects, Joins, Parameters, Roles, and Custom Functions.
- Edit settings for: Data, Roles, Functions, and General features.
- Delete Data Sources, Data Objects, Joins, Parameters, Roles, and Functions.
Click the arrows ()to hide the main menu.
The right section of Exago is made up of tabs containing menus to create and modify administrative settings.
To save the changes made in a tab click ‘Ok’ or press ‘Apply’.
Tabs can be closed without saving by clicking the ‘x’ to the right of the tab name.
Tabs can also be rearranged by clicking and dragging them as desired.
The Administration console can be accessed by the following browsers:
- Firefox 3+
- Internet Explorer 8+
- Google Chrome
NOTE. In Internet Explorer’s Compatibility Mode some items may not display correctly.