The OnReportExecuteStart Event occurs at the beginning of the Report Execution process. This Event could be used to check and modify properties of a report and log or stop execution.
This event will be called for all report execution types, including those via:
- Execution in the web app process (remote execution disabled)
- Remote execution
- Scheduled execution (including those using the Scheduler Queue)
- Batch scheduled executions
For custom code the args array is structured as follows:
args is empty.
For .NET Assemblies the method signature is as follows:
string EventHandlerName(SessionInfo sessionInfo)
The OnReportExecuteStart Event expects a string to be returned. Based on the return string there are three possible results.
- Null / Whitespace — If the string is null or whitespace then the report execution will continue as expected.
- LanguageId — If the string matches the id of any element in the language files then the string of that language element will be displayed as a message to the user and the report execution will terminate. For more information see Multi-Language Support.
- Other — If the string does not match the id of any element in the language files then the returned value will be displayed as a message to the user and the report execution will terminate.
The report being executed can be accessed through the sessionInfo object by using sessionInfo.Report.