Internet software is very complex, often comprising dozens of servers and interconnected components. Taken separately, small gains in a handful of areas may seem minimal, but added together they can manifest in noticeable improvements for the end-user.
In this guide, we list five general categories of performance considerations: Hardware and Network, Data Configuration, Integration Architecture, Application Configuration, and User Experience and Expectations. We discuss how improvements can be made in each of these different areas, for both initial deployments and existing installations of Exago BI. As always, consider these suggestions in the context of your own environment.
Hardware and Network
- Optimizing Your Network and Hardware (Blog)
- Measuring Database Network Latency
- Implementing IIS Web Gardens
- Optimizing Your Application Configuration (Blog)
- Optimizing Reports for Database Aggregation
- Special Cartesian Processing