Web Services API
Use the following steps to install the Web Service API on Windows:
- Download the latest Windows or Linux installers here.
- Make sure your antivirus software is disabled and run the installation wizard as an Administrator.
- Click the Web Service button.
- Click Next to bring up the ‘Select Installation Location’ menu.
- In this menu specify the web site, virtual directory and physical directory where you want Exago installed. Click Next.
NOTE. The Web Service API must be installed on the same server and web site as the Exago Application.
- Confirm your location selections by clicking Next.
- Monitor the installation and click Finish when it is complete.
- Run " installExago.sh " as root.
- Enter 2 for the Web Services API
NOTE. If you elect to install the Web Service API the installer will create the sub directory "WebServiceApi" in your previously specified install path.
- Follow the prompts
Configuring Web Services API
To configure the Web Service API edit the file ‘WebReportsApi.xml’ which is located in the Config sub-folder where the Web Service API is installed. The location of the Config sub-folder is determined when the Web Service API is installed. Set the following items:
- apppath – file path to the Exago web application. E.g. "C:\Exago"
- throwexceptiononerror – set to true if you want to catch exceptions in your application thrown by Exago.
- writelog – set to true to write a log file (WebReportsApiLog.txt in the Config sub-folder) of any exceptions thrown. Write permissions for the Config sub-folder must be given to the ASP.NET user.