To search for a specific report, enter your search terms in the search box. All reports that have the search terms in either the name or the description will appear. To see all the reports, click the Clear button ().
You can use the Settings dropdown to choose whether to search either by report name alone or by the names and descriptions of the reports.
When searching by Description, you can search for the entire description, or specific portions of it.
To search by description, enter your search terms in the search bar and click the search () button. When searching by description, results will show reports, folders/sub-folders, and descriptions that contain the searched letters/numbers/other characters.
In the Report Tree, the end user is given full control over the location of their reports, folder hierarchy, and access to other report modification tools.
NOTE. If you do not see a Manage Folders button in the Main Menu, then you do not have folder management privileges and should contact your administrator.
In the Main Menu, click the Manage Folders button. A dropdown menu will appear. Use these icons to create, rename, or delete folders and sub-folders.
- To create a new folder, click the ‘Add Root Folder’ button ().
- To create a sub folder, first select the parent folder and then click the ‘Add Sub Folder’ button ().
- To rename a folder, select it and then click the ‘Rename’ button. ().
- To delete a folder, select it and then click the ‘Delete’ button (). The folder must be empty in order to delete it.
Deleting a report removes the report and all of its components.
To delete an existing report:
- On the Main Menu, select the report you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button (). A dialog box will ask if you are sure you want to proceed.
- Click OK in the dialog box. The report is deleted.
IMPORTANT. Once the report is deleted, there is NO WAY to restore it.
Duplicating reports can save time. This feature creates a new report that is similar to an existing one. Instead of creating the new report from scratch, you can duplicate an existing report, rename it, and make your changes.
- On the Main Menu, select the report you want to duplicate.
- Click the Duplicate button. The Rename Report Window will open.
- Type the name of the new report into the Report Name field.
- Select the folder where the report will be saved.
- Click OK.
To edit an existing report:
- On the Main Menu, select the report you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button () or double click the report.
- For Advanced Reports, the Report Designer will open in a new tab.
- If you selected an Express Report, the Express Report Wizard will open in a new tab.
- If you selected a Chained Report, the Chained Report Wizard will open in a new tab.
NOTE. You cannot edit any report that is read-only (). You can duplicate the report into an unlocked folder and edit the duplicate.